Kodo Millet, also known as Varagu rice or kodra in hindi, has been grown and consumed in the southern part of India for centuries. It has medicinal and nutritional properties as it contains calcium and iron.
Kodo millet is a versatile ingredient it can be used to make porridge,upma,dhoklas,idlis and a falafel of sorts with the addition of tofu and vegetables.
Being gluten-free, they are also suitable for people with gluten intolerance/celiac disease.
It slows down sugar absorption into the bloodstream which helps prevent over-eating.
Cooks within 5 Mins. Best for those early morning breakfasts that not only needs to be quick but filling & healthy too.
- Low glycemic index – This means that Kodo millets release glucose/energy slowly, over a longer period of time and thus helps in sugar control. This makes it a great substitute for polished white rice.
- Gluten-free – Great for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- Assist in weight management.
- Rich in antioxidants like polyphenols.
- Helps to regulate the blood glucose and cholesterol level.
- Good source of vitamins – Vitamin B6, Niacin, folic acid and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc.